Monday, June 27, 2011

"Blop"


This is the story about how "Blop" came to be. See, Ruby girl LOVES "Blop". Once she started to form words, she could pronounce a lot of things correctly. Jacob's name however, came out "Blop". We thought it was so cute that we started to call him that a lot of the time. Savannah is "Landa" and Grandma is "Granda". I love Ruby.


Speaking of "Blop", these are some of the things he's been up to lately:


*He has four teeth and is working on 5, 6, 7, and 8.

*He is pulling himself up on everything.

*He LOVES to dance. I mean, loves it. Like if he hears any kind of music or beat he starts bopping his head and scooting around on his bottom. He's crazy.

*He is still nursing and nurses about once in the middle of the night. When he's done nursing, he stretches his entire body from head to toe, arms reaching above and feet pointing below. He only does this in the middle of the night. It's pretty sweet.

*He let's me know he wants food by smacking his lips together loudly and making "mmmm" sounds, and moving toward whatever food he wants.

*He doesn't like to have his diaper changed. He's a mover and a twister. My mom says I was the same way. Nice.

* He LOVES to play with balls (must take after his brother) and he will play "catch" by tossing or rolling the ball back and forth with any willing participant.

*Recently, like in the past week, he has been "screaming". This happens most of the time when I'm within sight, or during church. Or both. This past Sunday, I took him outside and told him that screaming isn't allowed and he started babbling back to me. I told him that was good and he continued to babble. As soon as I tried to go back into sacrament meeting, he resumed his screaming. It was a fun Sunday.