Wednesday, March 2, 2011

This Boy





I have to talk about Benjamin for a minute. Our relationship has be anything but smooth and pleasant. There have been good times and we have also had our share of bad times. But something has happened to Benjamin Thomas. It's like a light switch has gone on in his little soul and I couldn't be more pleased.

First of all, he is funny. He has assumed the role in our family of the class clown but it's never in an obnoxious or irreverent way. He's just plain witty. And he's got great comedic timing.

Number two. This kid is smart. For a child who was deprived of oxygen for so long at birth he sure does not show it. This is a huge blessing and miracle.

Number three. Benjamin is considerate. He is always making sure that there is enough food or treats for Savannah and is very willing to share.

Number four. He is a huge example. Benjamin is always reminding us to pray and read scriptures.

Five. Benjamin has got boundless energy and enthusiasm. He is soo excited about life.

And number six. He is very affectionate. For a boy who was swatting at me a few months ago, he sure loves to hug and be cuddled and I am not complaining.

I am grateful for Benj. I am so happy that we have gotten over that last hurdle with him. I am glad that we are where we are right now. And I'm trying to remember that this behavior may not last so I'm enjoying it while it does. :)

No comments: